On July 1, 2003, Our Lady of Divine Providence Parish was born through the uniting of the former St. Casimir and St. Mary of Czestochowa Parishes. These parishes share a common history of representing the founding commitment of the Church to provide for the spiritual care of the many immigrant families who came to seek a better life in Milwaukee in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
St. Casimir was dedicated on November 11, 1894. Originally the spiritual home of 300 families, the grand gothic building served thousands as the neighborhood grew around it.
St. Mary of Czestochowa was founded in 1907 primarily serving the needs of Polish families in the Riverwest area. The first building was the school (now known as Messmer Preparatory) and the current building was built and dedicated to Mary in 1956.
Now one, the combined Parish provides an environment that invites the entire community for worship and recreation. The collaborative venture has proven successful in uniting our spirits and maintaining a Catholic presence in the Riverwest neighborhood.