Priest: Now that we have heard God’s word in the Bible and experienced the Lord’s presence in this exchange of vows, let us present these prayerful petitions for people in the world today.
- For our Holy Father on earth, the Pope, all the bishops and clergy everywhere that they may lead us to deeper faith in God and a stronger love for others, let us pray to the Lord.
- For our president and all leaders of government that they may be effective in achieving peace and eliminating poverty, let us pray to the Lord.
- For married persons that they may continue to give, be able to forgive, and find happiness deepen with the passing of each day, let us pray to the Lord.
- For N. and N., now beginning their life together, that they may have divine assistance at every moment, the constant support of friends, the rich blessing of children, a warm love reaching out to others, and good health until a ripe old age, let us pray to the Lord.
- For those who are sick, lonely, discouraged, or oppressed that they may be strengthened by God’s help and aided by their friends, let us pray to the Lord.
- For those who have died, especially the relatives and friends of N. and N. and of all present for this wedding, that they may enjoy perfect happiness and total fulfillment in eternal life, let us pray to the Lord.
- For these personal needs which we mention now in silence (pause), let us pray to the Lord.
Priest: (The celebrant may use this or compose a suitable summary prayer with conclusion . . . through Christ our Lord.)
O ever-living and caring God, Jesus taught us to ask, to seek, and to knock. WE have just done so, confident that you will now look upon our many needs, consider our trusting faith, and in your great love grant these requests which we present to you through Jesus Christ our Lord.