Visiting Clergy

If you have a priest or clergyman that you would like to be a part of your ceremony, please make arrangements with the parish priest you are working with regarding this request. Also, please take note of the following information:

  1. Please clarify with our priests whether the visiting clergy will be doing your preparation work or if you will be doing the work through one of our parishes. This includes paperwork, FOCCUS couple and Enrichment Conference.
  2. A priest requesting to preside at your wedding who resides outside the Archdiocese of Milwaukee needs to present a “Testimonial for Suitability for Ministry” from his Bishop or religious superior to the Chancery Office of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. This must be done before the priest can be given delegation to officiate at your wedding.
  3. The stipend to the parish if the visiting priest is presiding is $625 with the check written out to the parish where your wedding will take place (ie. Three Holy Women Parish). The couple is responsible for paying the $75 priest stipend directly to the visiting priest.